Monday, September 29, 2008

thanks doc?!

today i received a call from my nutritionist.  she said that i was and am going to take cortisol for my adrenals.  now i was curious because my endocrine doc said all was good.  well guess what.  wrong.  so much for all those tests.  the stuff i am taking has all of the sudden made a dramatic improvement in my health.   granted i just started taking this stuff this afternoon but wow.  by the way,  this is helping my brain fog and general fatigue.  research adrenal fatigue and you will understand.  i have been suffering from this for months.  oh and i just found out through a new book i am reading that the ibuprofen i have been taking religiously for years for my headaches and back pain burns B vitamins out of my brain.  didnt see that on any warning labels.  book title is posted.  i highly recommend this book,  you might be surprised.  

2 comments:

h west said...

Ooooo. . .gotta get that book.

Jennifer said...

When I went to the ER, it was for swelling of my tongue and throat. They gave me prednisone for it, but that actually made me worse because I react so badly to steroids. I have panic attacks. Chest pain, general freaking out, swelling in my mouth, shaking, weakness, and outbursts of anger and moodiness. Yikes!

Going off gluten and dairy is suppose to help with swelling too. But it takes at least 6 weeks of being faithful with the diet to see any real changes.